Monday, September 01, 2003

More joys of Monday

Ahh Vanilla Coke. So strange. It doesn't know whether it's a softdrink or medicine. Funny though because Coca-Cola used to be marketer as an elixir of sorts. I don't know if I have my facts straight though. You can check the Coke site if you want.
__________

Quite disappointing when your company scrimps on employees' benefits and the powers that be in your firm are behind on approving salary increases and other movements. Sigh. Am just wondering how the non-officers here who have families make ends meet, since this singleton's kinda at the end of her rope sometimes. Anyway, what to do about it? Why, blog during your downtime of course.
__________

My temporary cube-mate is checking a sample notice from our developers in 2-point font size. Brilliant. Good thing there's up to 1600% zoom in Adobe Acrobat.
__________

All my bookmarks and old settings are gone; they upgraded my PC's OS to Windows 2000 NT over the weekend. I can't even access the Display Properties. Wonderful. What to do? Why, blog during your downtime of course. Teehee.
__________

"We need time to dream, time to remember, and time to reach the infinite. We need time to be." -Gladys Taber

This is time you do not have when you're working till 10pm on weekdays and then eight more hours on Saturday. I'm glad that I'm on a respite from that right now but a new project is beginning soon and I might be looking at 70-hour workweeks again. Would that we could always make time to nurture the spirit. Like spend an afternoon browsing at Powerbooks. But then that could also be brought about by a lack of funds to buy all the books I want. Whatever the reason, it's something I've missed doing for quite a while. Better be off and get started again.

No comments: