Sunday, September 21, 2003

bigger than my body

Saw John Mayer's video for his new single "Bigger Than My Body" from his new album Heavier Things. He really looks a little weird when he sings but he reminds me of my friend Aldo. Also, is it just me or does anyone else think the video was a bit weird? John Mayer is singing on the sidewalk, but everyone is drawn to a huge set of speakers about 20ft high which is actually just playing his song, and then he draws closer to the speakers but people still don't realize that HE's the one singing, except this one girl with whom he makes a connection. Okay, that's fine, but doesn't FEEDBACK exist anymore? How was he able to move his mike (complete with stand ha!) right in the path of the speakers without getting any feedback and ruining his song? Or am I just really clueless on this techno stuff?

sidebar: John Mayer's album Heavier Things debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts, dislodging the previous #1 -hold your breath- Hilary Duff's Metamorphosis. Oh goody.

No comments: