Friday, September 19, 2003

Friday Five

Happy 2nd birthday to Friday Five!

Thought I'd get a few lines in before I clear the place as Like a Stone is playing in the background.

1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
Ah, so difficult because I have so many.
Natalie Merchant, the Indigo Girls and Sinead Lohan because I feel for their voices and I can really relate to their songs.
Dave Matthews, Josh Groban and Sting... just because I like how their voices sound.
The Barenaked Ladies and Parokya ni Edgar just because they're fun.

2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
April Boy Regino. Sorry. I really can't take him.

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
Natalie? I think so. I think we'd get along.

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
Best concert I attended was Sting at the Ultra in '96. It rocked! (And he took off his shirt!) But then I'm not really a concert person.

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from downloading free music?
I think that record companies make so much money from the artists. The artists are getting small royalties compared to the record companies' marketing machine and profits. And in a country as downtrodden as ours, anything free is a Godsend because our money is worth so little. But I think that the big companies can and should lower prices of albums to make them more accessible. They will probably earn more that way. Add to that the audio CD format is probably on its way out anyway.

No comments: