Sunday, May 09, 2004

the pack rat strikes again

I'm constantly fixing up clutter and throwing out old stuff but new stuff always seems to find its way to me. Not that I'm not thankful or anything because these are cute things that come from nice people who happen to be my friends. Anyway, these have been added to La Casa Brightblade--or should I say Le Cuarto Brightblade since it's just a frigging room...

The card on the left is from Bespen D, after her wedding. Enclosed is a very cute metal bookmark with two friends (one with long hair and one with short, by the way). Am currently using the bookmark to hold my place in Nins' copy of Angels and Demons. On the right, Bespren M. has given me my birthday gift for this year, a Mists of Avalaon miniseries VCD, six months early. She might not be here anymore by midyear (yes waterworks will begin in... 3... 2... 1...) and she said I might beat her to it again like last year (when she got me a Dragonlance book and I had just bought it myself). Of course Marion Zimmer Bradley's Avalon books are among my favorite. And the Mists of Avalon miniseries? Yummy Michael Vartan is Lancelot!


On the left is a carnation from my posey from DnA's wedding. Saved it, packrat that I am. I have about three other dried flowers somewhere. I threw out those that D. and Bart and other people gave me though. So it's just three. In the middle is the little brother of Ger's gift to C which I delivered. Surprised me at the HK airport duty free actually, suddenly buying a couple of pandas. And on the right is Gnu's pasalubong from Iloilo. Apparently I was the only one who asked, so I was the only one who got one. Teehee. Since I already have Iloilo, Bacolod and Boracay shirts, I'll just have to get Davao, Baguio, etc... hehe...


Also over last weekend and earlier today I went on a pDVD spree at Dread Pirate Square (aaak! prices went up by PhP5-PhP10) and got the following:
  • Big Fish (see my comments from a previous post)
  • Mystic River (finally I'll get to watch)
  • 21 Grams (excited!)
  • In America (just wanted to see what was so great)
  • Thirteen (am not yet ready to watch and be depressed, though)
  • Secret Window (aaaaahhhh! Johnny! suspense thriller! Johnny!!!)
  • My Life Without Me (Sarah Polley is so interesting)
  • Hellboy (ok am cheating: got a 'clear' copy on this and the following--not cinema copies mind you!)
  • Starsky & Hutch
  • Jersey Girl (anything Kevin Smith, I have to watch)
  • The Human Stain (hmmm with Nicole Kidman, Anthony Hopkins, Gary Sinise and Buffy fish-boy Wentworth Miller)
  • and the movie I'm most interested to watch, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Yes, I'll have a busy weekend. Oh and Van Helsing in the cinema later with JdG. Hope I don't go into movie overload!