Thursday, May 27, 2004

itchy palms

I don't think I have any fungal infection; so could there be any truth to the superstition that itchy palms mean an impending windfall? Sigh, would that it were that easy. It would really help, too. I've already dipped into my Bacolod-trip money for some unforeseen expenses. Here's crossing my fingers (and scratching my palm)!

another movie that might be interesting: Saved!
Here's the blurb from IMDB:
When Mary (Jena Malone), a student at American Eagle Christian High School, becomes pregnant her schoolmates become determined to save her from eternal damnation. Leading the pack is the popular, pretty Hilary Faye (Mandy Moore), who is sure she can show her former friend the error of her ways and how to get saved. Also starring Macaulay Culkin, Patrick Fugit, Heather Matarazzo, and Martin Donovan.

I like Jena Malone a lot, from those poignant performances in Stepmom and For Love of the Game. And then there's... um... Mandy Moore! Whoop-de-do. At least the Mandster is really intent on her film career, and obviously she is much better at it than Britney. Include that spunky Heather Matarazzo from Princess Diaries (where Moore played villain), Patrick Fugit of Almost Famous, and -ahem- Macaulay Culkin, with that premise... sounds fascinating.

No comments: