Saturday, July 24, 2004

apathy rocks

Stimulating discussions about topics other than Lindsay Lohan and the Jake-and-Kisrten break-up may be found at g's spot. Meanwhile, I reside in my contented little bubble planning the office Christmas party, watching Thom, Carson and Kyan, and whining about dead-end work. I know the government is flawed. I think that if FPJ had been in power at the time of this particular hostage crisis, the outcome would most likely be the same. I know that it is frustrating because we are powerless--we cannot do as the US does and have our way needlessly because we just have no clout.

That said, although I seem content in my little bubble of apathy hereabouts, I don't really relish the thought of the Philippines going to the dogs. A lot ideas are brewing and I've been helping out here and there, but the major change must come from higher places. Now if by sheer luck or the grace of God something does occur and a worth movement does evolve or a worthy leader takes command, I will be behind that all the way. Now? Let me just re-watch the first season of Buffy.

Last Song Syndrome : You Wanted More - Tonic

No comments: