Friday, January 30, 2004

wishing

Want to have a Claddagh ring made... much like this one:
Claddagh Ring

I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm totally in love with Celtic lore, brought about by constant consumption of the Avalon novels of Marion Zimmer Bradley (best known of which is The Mists of Avalon, general Arthurian prose, and Celtic music (am saving up to buy The Celtic Circle).

The Claddagh ring symbolizes "let love and friendship reign," and what truer things are there than that? There are also different ways to wear the Claddagh ring, it's said. On the left hand, with the heart pointing towards the wearer, it signifies that the wearer is married. On the right hand, with the heart pointing inward, it signifies that the wearer is spoken for. And finally on the right hand with the heart pointing outwards, it signifies that the wearer is loveless (or rather euphemistically, "free"). So obviously, that's the way I'm going to wear it, if ever. I don't know if anyone makes these in the Philippines, although I think it's going to cost quite a lot if I'm going to commission something like this. Oh well. Worth giving some thought to; after, of course, I buy the Celtic Circle CD and the extended editions of Fellowship... and Two Towers...

No comments: