Tuesday, December 23, 2003

false modesty post of the day

I don't know what they were thinking! They named me Employee of the Year! Me! Wow. Am overwhelmed. Surprised. After all that blogging and surfing during office hours. God is good. And then I remember, of course, "To whom much is given, much is expected." Suddenly the modesty isn't so false. Am quite humbled, actually.

shorts
My cellphone bill is up 60% from last month. Wow thanks to MMS. Hope I can keep it down in the succeeding months.
__________

A.'s Maid of Honor (MoH) treated us to videoke and dinner at IO last night. There were only a few of us but we still had fun. In the quiz about the hubby-to-be, A. only got 13 answers correct, prompting some good-natured ribbing from us all. Talk turned to depression and shitty men. After this: Props to M. for her rockingly indignant rendition of 'I Will Survive'. I also scored a new shirt from MoH, who brought a lot of corporate giveaways for prizes, what fun!
__________

Got a Justice League mug from D.--just so happened it's my current favorite cartoon. I gave him a burned copy of that CD he keeps on putting on the car stereo when he rides with me. Friends we are. It's all good.
__________

Why did they close Powerbooks Arnaiz?!?!?!
WHY?!?!?!

R.I.P.
Powerbooks Arnaiz
The last bastion of free parking in commercialized Makati.
Where I could spend an entire Saturday afternoon and evening just reading reading reading.
I'm so sorry you're gone.

Powerbooks (Live!) at Greenbelt 4 is just not the same.
__________

P. & M. had a beautiful wedding last Sunday. Her niece S. was so cute. When we were saying our goodbyes, Bespren J. and I asked for a kiss from her. She made me kiss the butterfly that she had caught in the butterfly release.
__________

Butterfly releases generally look good, but poor butterflies...!

No comments: