Thursday, December 11, 2003

can't keep my eyes open!

I guess it was the general excitement and activity of the day: spending most of your time in front of the PC in your office, your muscles atrophy and a simple walk from Greenbelt 1 to Gilligan's in Glorietta 2 necessitates a few seconds to catch your breath. Anyway, I honestly can't keep my eyes open today. Right now, as I'm writing this, I have my right eye shut (take a short nap, my dear right eye). Since waking up this morning, my eyelids have seemed to flutter on their own and force themselves shut.

Anyway, we had the office Christmas party last night at National Sports Grill in Greenbelt. First Christmas party without the agents. Most raucous and fun ever. There were raffles (I didn't win a single thing), billiards (oh yeah, free billiards is always a good thing), Videoke King and Queen, and the CEO doing the otso-otso (novelty ditty and dance popularized by local comedian Bayani Agbayani).

There was a Dress Up Your Jeans contest for our Street Party theme. My immediate boss is a constant finalist in these costume contests. Last year she won first place because our theme was United Nations or something and instead of a kimono for Japan, she was dressed as a ninja. This year, for the Street Party, she came as a Christmas-decorated STREET VENDOR. Wonderful. The ideas this person comes up with. She was tied with another friend of ours who dressed up her pants with blinking Christmas lights--never mind that she had to lug around a scooter battery for most of the night.

This was my first Christmas party of the season. There are others more to come, but even if I only had this party, with the people I see day in an day out letting their hair down, I think you could call it a good Christmas season.

Had a nightcap at Gilligan's before finally turning in, with D. and some people from our Collection department. P. was a dear and brought me home. I'm glad he does things like that for me even when I'm so blatantly flirting with him. Or maybe because he was just too drunk to care last night.

Free billiards (and seeing your bosses get wild once in a while) is always a good thing. Only I wish I could keep my eyes open today!

[trying to sneak in a nap in the restroom]

not-so-long shot
It is also partially true that the quality of movies have deteriorated, at least this year. Although Oscar season isn't upon us yet. However, this could very well mean that Return of the King may have a shot at the Oscar! Woohoo! I mean, I'd pick RotK over Master and Commander any day...

No comments: