Tuesday, October 12, 2004

spinning, spinning

How do you handle it when things somehow seem to spiral out of control, and you can't take a step back, even for a moment? Things are a bit stifling at work nowadays (evidenced by my sporadic, not to mention erratic, blogging). Everything is coming to a head within the next two weeks, when StingyCo and Acquistion#4 are going to merge systems. There are two other major projects, and production support for current systems. Then there's also the industry exam that I'm taking on November 3rd, for which I haven't even started studying. Not even opened the book. Not once.

How does one stay sane in times like these? I don't want to go back to 70-hour workweeks and no social life, not when I'm starting to actually have a set of friends at the office, getting close to CB again after all this time, and being able to spend time with my family. I know it's a matter of time management (like I shouldn't be blogging right now); but sometimes it really seems there aren't enough hours in a day. I don't even get to surf and download as much anymore. Sigh.

Last Song Syndrome : If I Am - Nine Days

No comments: