Thursday, September 30, 2004

a soon-to-be-father's request

My friend is becoming a father soon. He sent this through our mailing list just a while back. Since I'm not ready to blog about the toxicity of my life right now, here's this refreshing, heartfelt letter. I can disagree with him about growing up in the States being the best thing for his child, but I'm frankly too stressed out to argue. Til the weekend then, when everything should have cleared up. Here's P's letter.

Dear Community in Christ,

I would like to ask for prayers particularly for the intention of my little family in the making! :O)

Today would be my last day before I leave for the US tomorrow at 5:30 am. I would be back this November 22nd!

In line with this, could I ask for a prayers for a safe delivery and a healthy baby for my wife who is expected to give birth this Oct 16th? This would be our first baby and we would be parenting in a place far from home. :O(

Anyways, I know that the Lord would be guiding me and R on what to do but it would surely be very comforting if I could ask you to pray for our intentions also.

This would truly be a very humbling experience for us for it would be the 1st time in our lives that we are not exactly 'in control' and are 'away' from all our comfort zones... our homes... our immediate family... the comfort of our lives in Manila.

But then again, that is what parenthood is all about right? Giving the best for our child!!! My wife and I have sacrificed time away from each other and honestly, it is a most grueling and emotional experience for both of us... :O(

Anyways... it is just a few hours away and I would be with her and my baby again... I am really asking for prayers from all of you... for my safe journey there... for R's safe delivery over there... for our safe bringing up of our little family over there... till the time that baby is safe to come home... to be with our families back here in Manila.

Thanks to all who have been very helpful and have prayed for us even in the very beginning... we love you all! :O) Well, tomorrow would definitely be a new chapter in our lives... at least, by tomorrow... R and I and my baby would be together... so whatever hardships we would be encountering there... it would definitely be bearable for we are all together again.

So lastly... maybe one Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be would be enough for the intention of my 'little family in the making' - that would be the best gift that I could ask from all of you!!!

Till the time we return... take care and God bless!!!

We love you all from the bottom of our hearts...

~ P., R. and 'baby' :O) r

Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me."


Last Song Syndrome : God is a DJ - Pink

No comments: