Monday, August 25, 2003

i'll stop the world and melt with you
and Concerts

Modern English's 'I Melt With You' is playing on the radio. I like new wave songs but oftentimes I jumble them all up and mix up titles, singers or both. But I like them because they remind me of when I was a kid. Ah, those were simpler times, the People Power era. Kris Aquino was still a nene teenager in glasses. The Flight of Dragons was great animation. All was good. And no thanks to The Princess Bride, I think I still believed in finding true love then.

My friend is offering me a ticket to the Plumb concert on Saturday. I wanted to watch, too--however, a prior commitment means that I have to wake up well-rested early Sunday morning. I don't know when I last went to an actual concert. I think it was Gary V. at Hard Rock in 1997. Happier times again. Is a gig at Hard Rock considered a concert? If not, then it was the Sting concert in '96, good times with Mike, Via and Mandy. I've since lost the souvenir shirt that I bought. But I still have the memories of Sting taking off his black shirt (hooie!). I've realized that I haven't actively been watching concerts or gigs, although I claim to like music. I wonder. I was supposed to watch Alanis when she was here at the height of APEC but ended up going to a friend's party (yes, Maita was that important to us). Of course if Natalie Merchant (and--wishful thinking--the rest of 10,000 Maniacs) included the Philippines in a world tour...

No comments: