Tuesday, January 25, 2005

visitors

CNN.com - Mystery fan marks Poe's birthday - Jan 19, 2005

"BALTIMORE, Maryland (AP) -- The mystery man was dressed for the cold rather than tradition, and some spectators were not quite as respectful as in years past. But for the 56th year, a man stole into a locked graveyard early on Edgar Allan Poe's birthday and placed three roses and a half-empty bottle of cognac on the writer's grave."

Edgar Allan Poe has achieved immortality, and it seems that his graveside visitor has also done that, to some extent. It is these strange rituals, cloaked in anonymity, that spark my interest in the human psyche, and fuel my faith in human uniqueness and the human spirit.

There is a crypt that I've been visiting for a few years now. Noone in his family knows I go there. I do not leave anything, I just talk to him. I do not blame his sudden death for what happened so many years ago, only wondering if it would have turned out differently if it hadn't happened then. And I wonder if I really wasn't good enough, because that's how I feel. I hate having to feel that way, that I'm inadequate. He seems to reach to me from upthere and reassure me that everything is going to turn out for the best, that things are going to work out. Maybe they will.

Last Song Syndrome: Noypi - Bamboo
buo aking loob, may agimat ang dugo ko

No comments: