Monday, May 16, 2005

filmick...

Ger threw over this movie meme. Had a really good chat with him too. Sa uulitin, kiddo, with less depressing topics...

total number of films i own on DVD/video:
Do you count pDVDs? Because if it's only legit stuff then I have... 8. Including contraband: 180+?

the last film i bought:
Legit: The Cutting Edge (! Hee!)
pDVD: Being Julia

the last film i watched:
In the theater: Hitch
On video: LoTR RoTK extended edition
On HBO: Jawbreaker

five films that i watch a lot or mean a lot to me:
Ger isn't the only cheater:
  • LoTR - the pinnacle of my romp through fantasy as a teenager became the most outstanding fantasy movies
  • The Flight of Dragons - sometimes I think I'm the only one who likes this movie
  • The Princess Bride - Wesley and Buttercup and Inigo Montoya, ROUSes and dread pirates and raising the dead... it's a helluvalot of fun! Not to mention Robin Wright was actually still beautiful...
  • Some Kind of Wonderful - "I'd rather be alone for the right reasons"
  • Stand and Deliver/Dead Poets Society - I wanted to become a teacher because of these films but unfortunately that wasn't meant to be...
  • Jerry Maguire - sigh...
  • 10 Things I Hate About You - ok, insipid teen movie at times, but Heath Ledger is very lovable and there are times when you just need brain candy
  • Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels/Snatch - pure fun, thinking fun!
  • Good Will Hunting - Matt and Ben did something right with this movie...
  • and there are a whole lot more, of course...!

    to which 5 people am i passing the baton and why?
  • Rea - my film buddy... ok, so she doesn't have a blog... so scratch that...
  • Oliver - because he does reviews and loves movies more than I do
  • JDJ - he has waaay more videos than I do and I would like to see the interplay of math and movies
  • Jennie - because the videoke queen might have extended her realm to video
  • Sunshine - another moviephile, who needs a break from all the stuff going on in her life
  • And finally, a cheat: pinoyslayer-dom - because I always like to hear what they have to say

    Last Song Syndrome : Get Me - M.Y.M.P.
  • No comments: