Wednesday, February 16, 2005

the ones that weren't guessed

Thanks to amyslayer for the reminder to post those songs that weren't guessed. I had meant to do this last weekend but between Phantom, A Very Long Engagement and a visit to DnA, I didn't have time to blog over the weekend.

Anyway here they are:

4. A clouded dream on an earthly night / Hangs upon the crescent moon / A voiceless song in an ageless light / Sings at the coming dawn - The Mystic's Dream by Loreena McKennitt. Also the theme of the Mists of Avalon miniseries, which though a bit disappointing was nonetheless heartening that they would dramatize Marion Zimmer Bradley's book.

5. Lately it’s occurred to me / That I’ve had enough of that / And lately I’ve been satisfied by simple things like breathing in and breathing out - Not In This Life by Natalie Merchant. Anthem.

6. Oh, that boy of mine / By my side / The silver moon and the evening tide
Oh, some sweet day / Gonna take away / This hurting inside - Blue Bayou, Linda Ronstadt. Hee. Just a simple, nice, old standard.

8. Time casts a spell on you, but you won't forget me / I know I could have loved you, but you would not let me - Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac. Baby, I don't wanna know. You go, Stevie Nicks!

10. Always I am mistaken / I look for love I find a stone / Of all the seasons winter befriends me - Momentum by Vienna Teng. Is beautiful.

13. I've no more ways to hide that I'm a desolate and empty, hollow place inside - Jezebel by 10,000 Maniacs. Natalie. I love this desolate song. Was in my head for most of 1997 and I'm still listening to it now. "I know your feelings are tender, I know inside you the embers still glow... but I'm a shadow, I'm only a bed of blackened coal."

16. I draw a jackal-headed woman in the sand, sing of a lover's fate sealed by jealous hate then wash my hand in the sea. - Verdi Cries, also by 10,000 Maniacs. Am such a fangirl.

20. With an aching inside / I'll watch as her body is raised from the tide...
Her life has been taken, and I'll never know why / But I feel in that moment, a part of me died... - The Shores of The Swilly, Sinead O'Connor singing. Have a lot of Celtic-inspired songs playing.

22. When there was just a gang of us / Storming the town by train and bus
A moment of thought this heart sends to old friends - Old Friends, Everything But the Girl. Tracey rocks. This is one of my favorite EBTG songs (memories of high school) aside from Didn't Know I Was Looking for Love, Missing and Talk To Me Like the Sea.

A lot of these are really favorite songs because the playlist I used was the AchTung Baby playlist, and my memory card is only 128MB.

Last Song Syndrome : The Shores of the Swilly

No comments: