Saturday, August 11, 2007

shelf matters

Since I'm down with the flu (been quite sickly lately, not enough vitamins?), I fixed the shelf in my room. This is my "current" stack, while the rest of the books are in the library/guest room/mahjongg room:
  • The Time Travelers' Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - Rea just returned it before she left for Dubai so I'm seriously considering re-reading the Detamble tale
  • The Faery Reel (Tales from the Twilight Realm) ed. Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
  • The Green Man (Tales from the Mythic Forest) ed. Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
  • Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
  • Roget's Thesaurus - hee! I tell it as it is
  • Knight Fantastic ed. Martin H. Greenberg & John Helfers
  • Pharaoh Fantastic ed. Martin H. Greenberg & Brittiany A. Koren
  • Secrets of the Ancient Goddess by Brenda Gates Smith
  • Departures by Harry Turtledove - "Persia has conquered Greece" hooked me in. Besides I got it at 80% off at a Goodwill clearance sale.
  • Dragons of Time Dragonlance Anthology

    Hmmm, more than half are anthologies of short stories... much has to be said about my lack of focus on things right now. But then, I finished the Deathly Hallows in eight hours straight. Jonathan Strange, you're next.


    Ambient Noise : Skeleton Key on HBO
  • No comments: