Friday, February 23, 2007

what, me tardy?

Today the big boss sent out tardiness reports. I was shocked at what I saw, really. According to the report, I had been tardy 7 times in November to December last year, and some days about two hours! There was something definitely wrong with this picture.

I live in Makati. I work in Makati. It takes me roughly ten minutes to get to work from my house, and even when we transferred temporarily to somewhere near the Makati City Hall, it would take me only 20 minutes to get to work, and that already encompassed both a trike ride and a jeepney ride, even traversing the traffic of Makati Avenue.

As I did a part-time stint last year, and also helped to handle the house, I requested the earliest shift so that by 4:30 I would be on the way to the Green-and-White already, or heading home to handle what-not for the mother-unit. I know that the most I've been late was a couple of minutes: but four days wherein I was late for about two hours each time?! That's plain unspeakable in my book, because I made it a point to come early as I didn't want it to be said that I couldn't handle the earliest shift and stand by what I requested. I knew then I could and I continue to do so; and I'm righteously indignant (heh) that I'm labeled as tardy when I haven't been.

The system, honestly, sucks. We have access cards, but the time in and out are still handwritten, the reports given by the guards who copy the times. Who's to say that Mr. Guard didn't read my 7:19 as 9:19 instead? So there, late by more than an hour, based on human error. And four fricking times??? The lady at HR said that I had one of the lowest tardy rates, I shouldn't worry. Grrr... It's not that! It's the principle! Gaahh.

I am a hollow reed. Trouble blows through me like the wind.

Last Song Syndrome : Dimming of the Day - The Corrs (Home album still playing)

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

You're right, it's the principle of the thing :)