Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New beginnings


All things drape-y and swooshy
Originally uploaded by brightblade.

It's high time to start blogging again. The house is almost done, the wedding preparations are on hold, things are getting quite hectic over at the Hub again. Generally, it's a good time for catharsis, if only through photoblogs.

New beginnings are in order, and new curtains. The picture above is of the fabrics of choice for my Swedish-inspired, sky-themed bedroom. Yes, I have a blue bedroom. I think I've had enough of pastels after having a pink bedroom for about 20 years.

I made a rash decision a few years ago when I decided to paint my bedroom blue when I was in a funk--I only tried the neighborhood paint store, and then, I didn't test it either. The result was a shiny light blue which one of my officemates said was similar to the color of boys' bathroom at his high school. That was fun. I lived with that freakishly shiny blue for about two years. Now, the old bedroom/studio apartment is being converted into a shed of sorts, and some walls still retain the old paint. I cringe, honestly.

This time, I tried out various shades of blue from those computer-mixing stores, but I ended up with a pale blue-gray mixed up by the house painter the father-unit hired. It's really quite serene now, the only problem is, I just really feel like sleeping most of the time when I'm in my room.

So I end my first blog in eons talking about sleeping. Hee. Welcome me back!!!

No comments: