Tuesday, July 12, 2005

don't you worry 'bout a thing, baby

One of the team leads over at GeeksForHire went impulse-buying and got herself a P910i free with a Globe G-Max plan. Myself, I've got an 800-peso plan that I maximize, although I don't think I would be able to handle the 1,200-peso plan. Got a Motorola E398 to go along with it.

Got to thinking about how many cellphones I've had over the past few years. I started out with a heavy-duty batuta-like Nokia (analog) when I got my Smart line ages ago; then I graduated to a slightly smaller although equally batuta-like Nokia 200 I believe, the phone that Globe was giving free with a 250-peso a month subscription with, yes, free text. From then I went through a Nokia 5110, two 6110s, a strange Motorola one-liner that was so hard to use (that I think belonged to A.), a 6210, an 8310, and now a 6220 and a Motorola E398 (hello Moto!).

It's funny, these phones. They're like ex-boyfriends the way I remember some of them. There were forgettable ones (like that Motorola); there were cherished memories (loved the 6110). [Although now, I have two phones... but I've never had two boyfriends at once!] I know a friend who just recently gave up his well-worn, ages old 3210; much like he just recently gave up his well-worn, ages-old love for his ex. Like me, he sometimes waxes sentimental, but we both like what we have right now.

-oOo-

Am dreading the end of the month because season 5 of C.S.I. (the original is always the best) is coming to a close, although it's also a highly-anticipated season finale directed by none other than Quentin Tarantino. Much fun is expected to be had!

-oOo-

pDVDs gathering dust on my shelf which I should be watching sometime soon:
  • Earthsea
  • Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
  • I (heart) Huckabee's
  • Robots
  • Angels in America

    -oOo-

    Great going for the Anglican Church, which has allowed woman priests and are now voting for the installation of woman bishops in Britain... Per BBC, at present only Anglican churches in the United States, Canada, Polynesia and New Zealand have women working as bishops. Still, yay for them. Er, Catholics? CBCP?

    -oOo-

    Have been given different tasks at GeeksForHire because I finished the previous ones on time, relatively. The new project-within-a-project is something new and a bit more challenging than what I was previously doing. I had settled into a good schedule with what I had been doing, and was looking forward to coasting a little this week; instead I'm looking at more than a few overtime days and maybe work on the weekend. Feh. The other geeks on my team are still doing what we were originally scheduled to do. This is the price I pay for being efficient, then.

    And the work goes ever on...

    Last Song Syndrome : Don't Phunk With My Heart - Black-Eyed Peas
  • 2 comments:

    pinaybythebay said...

    I agree that the original CSI is still the best :0)
    Oh, and you're gonna love the season-ender... kept me on the edge of my seat!

    Anonymous said...

    Hey where did you get your E398 sa G-Plan. Kindly put it in my shoutbox in my blog. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!