Monday, April 18, 2005

books!

80% off on imported pocketbooks at Goodwill. I bought five, therefore, for the price of one. Stocked up on those strange collections of sci-fi stories that I only find in Goodwill, adding KnightFantastic and PharaohFantastic to my CastleFantastic, CatFantastic, and other titles. Also got Single White Vampire Seeks Same (been eyeing that for a while) as well as a Harry Turtledove book (Departures) and Secrets of the Ancient Goddess. Brain candy.

Here's the book meme I got from g!
you're stuck inside fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
Why would I want to be stuck inside Fahrenheit 451? Well if I would burn for being a
book, it would have to be either as the Bible (seriously!) or, on a less serious note, it would have to be The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Wala lang, fun.

have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Of course... Legolas Greenleaf (based on a special edition illustration in 1991); then of course there's Sirius Black; and Jules Bartolome (and then Piolo went and played him and all was lost). And Spike. Nuff said.

the last book you bought is:
@BookSale: Sense of Evil by Kay Hooper, per aurie_slayer's recommendation
@PowerBooks: Irish Girls About Town
@Goodwill: see above

the last book you've read:
I hate to admit it but it's The Time Traveller's Wife. I haven't had much time to read... :(

[Too lazy to look for links now.]
what are you currently reading:
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, Irish Girls About Town

what will you be reading next:
It's on the list at the right -->
[And then, if the G-boy lends me his new Fables books (and I agree, graphic novels are books), those would be next on the list. Whee!]

next 5 books on your To Buy list:
1. Collected Stories by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
3. Amber and Ashes by Margaret Weis
4. Friends: The One with All Ten Years
5. The Gospel of Mary Magdalene

five books you would take to a deserted island:
1. Robinson Crusoe
1. Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman
2. Ulysses by James Joyce (I might finally get to finish it there)
3. Books that Changed the World (I know, I'm cheating)
4. One Hundred Years of Solitude
5. the Harry Potter series (including the upcoming Half-Blood Prince)... hey if g! can bring the entire Sandman series...
[wala bang Complete Idiot's Guide to Surviving on a Desert Island?]

who will you pass this quiz to:
pinoyslayer-kind.

No comments: