Monday, October 20, 2003

mini-spending spree

Life for Rent - Dido's album containing 'White Flag'... must've listened to that song 40 times over the weekend. Other notable songs are 'Sand in My Shoe' and 'Don't Leave Home'. Ok so I bought the UM copy (LaSallians know what that is), so I'm not really sure if that last track is really supposed to have that bonus song that starts at 7 minutes... As a whole though, the album comes off as a collection of mostly nondescript songs which serve more as a showcase of Dido's melodic voice. But then that's my opinion--you don't really have to trust my taste since I liked 'Limp' by Fiona Apple, 'Stand' by Poison and 'Deeper Shade of Soul' by the Urban Dance Squad. [About the last song--does it show that I liked it?]

New pillows - treated myself to new fluffy fluffy pillows. PhP174.75 each. I love SM.

The Virgin Suicides DVD - haven't watched it yet. Although I really wanted to watch it before. Maybe I will be able to relate.

Saw the Buffy VCDs at Odyssey. Still don't know whether I should buy the boxed set from Amazon (real Amazon, not Quiamazon)... but what if it's available in Quiamazon? I would save 80%! Isn't that ok? Us being a Third World country and all...

Can't decide...
...whether to have my little birthday thingy at home or maybe at a resto. Was thinking of Bento Box--cheap but I really like the food. Nice to have it at home so that you don't have to worry about overflowing drinks (easily covered) and will cost much cheaper. But then I worry about the parking. After all we live in the sideskirts of Makati, where the streets are small with a squatters' area nearby. And our neighbors keep on buying cars without expanding their garages! Grrr! One time a few years ago, I was able to "rent" the parking lot of the church (a block from our house). Maybe I'll be able to do that again. However, we had to get the cars out at 12MN. Well... thinking thinking...

No comments: